Monday, December 6, 2010

Wow - that's COLD

Ok - I'm just not down with the sub-freezing jumps.  Can't do it.  I never liked the tiny bit of running I've done in the cold and I just can't get settled with jumps in it either.  It's been chilly lately, but today it was in the mid-to-upper 20s and I barely made it through the first set.  I came inside and finished out the other two, but not without basically stripping down to nothing in order to adjust to the heated interior... yuck.

Moving on... don't you just love the way exercises feel so 'easy' in the first set or two?  And then they start to fade?  And then they start to fail?  Hmmm... I never thought I'd enjoy the feeling of failure quite so much as I do.  Like that last set of pull-ups when your feet won't come off the ground but your brain is sending a massive single to ppppppuuuuuulllllllll.

We're in the final, final stretch... it's such a strange feeling, too.  On the one hand I've been counting and watching and waiting... but on the other its just a black hole of DIY.  I know Patrick has been / will continue setting us up for that black hole, but it'll still be pretty strange.

To answer my friend James' question (and perhaps everyone else's) the tattoo that I'll have in a little more than 36 hours from now:






It's Greek for "Know Thyself".  I spent 5 hours on Saturday watching a coworker get two pieces done by the same guy that will do mine.  It was an odd way to spend a large chunk of Saturday, but it made me more comfortable with the artist, the studio and especially the process.  It did, however, make it clear that mine placement is going to prove to be rather painful... the coworker had his on his calves and indicated with small winces the pain as the needle went over / along the bone.  My chest, despite all the PCP goodness, still has plenty of bone... wheee!

2 comments:

  1. Can you share why you chose that tattoo in that location?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, definitely enjoy that feeling of your mind sending signals to keep going with a set but your body just can't comply. Also, why did you choose Greek?

    ReplyDelete