Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jump runs & indulgence

So, seemingly counter to the advice for Dec 2 (isn't it strange getting the emails a day "ahead"?) I decided to run through my jump rope session today.  No, not replace the rope with a run, but instead jog while jumping.  I was somewhat inspired by the video I posted and somewhat inspired by watching "the man" do his jumping in Yokohama nearly a month ago.  I decided to give it a go... on top of that, it's actually cold here for the first time of the season (35 when I went outside) and I thought that the extra movement would keep the cold away.

It was generally a success - I count the increased interruptions as an "ok" thing because added cardio from the running... right, right?  It got much harder halfway through the second set, though...


So, on to the indulgence.  It's hard to say if I drifted too far during Thanksgiving - I have a pretty massive set of grams to attend to.  Perhaps some of the dishes were too fatty in one way or another, but for the most part it was protein or veg centered.  The wine would be counted as a drift, of course.  Oh... and I had two Thanksgivings - one local with friends and one with my family a couple hours away. 

So, counting Thanksgiving as a small transgression, we'll call the trip to the Turkish restaurant on Monday the indulgence.  It was the first Monday after a long holiday so the OR was busy, keeping Susan at work a little later than usual.  On top of that was massive amount of rain falling and no one in this town understands how to observe rain but continue to drive.  Given that Susan was running late, I made the trip across town to pick up Olivia, only to find out Susan wasn't going to be as late as she thought.  Instead of making the trek home in the rain and traffic at rush hour, we decided to go a favorite place on that side of town, the Turkish restaurant my sister found just before we moved to Nashville.

I had the baked eggplant with lamb and tomato, a small salad with oil, some bread with oil and a bunch of yummy hot apple tea.  Again, I'm not sure if it was really an indulgence, but it sure was delicious.  I can't say that it had much impact on me... things kept rolling like normal throughout the night...

So... we're in our final 12 days.  It looks like I'm set for a session at the tattoo studio on Wednesday and my suit should as early as Monday.  We'll probably make our celebratory dinner reservations for the Wednesday or Thursday following the end of PCP - an excuse for fancy dress!

It's tough, but the end is neigh!  JFD Cookie Monsters! :D

Oh, and to those we've "lost" - I hope things are rolling along well, in sickness and in health, in sleep depravity and boredom.  We miss you!

6 comments:

  1. I like changing up how I jump rope every minute or so, keeps me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing, with limited success. I would feel more comfortable trying other "tricks" if I wasn't in the middle of my street, in sight of all of my neighbors:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, that indulgence sounds mighty delicious, and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am excited about the tattoo Ian. Can't wait to see it. I have had enough of needles myself for now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's the tattoo going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Alex... I could imagine that since you've taken to stabbing yourself with the needles, the desire has worn off for a while...

    ReplyDelete